David A. Shearer, Jr.
- Construction Defects
- Employment Practices
- Insurance Coverage
- Product Defects
- Personal Injury
- Automobile Negligence
David is an experienced civil litigation attorney practicing in both Ohio and Kentucky who has litigated cases in over 100 of Kentucky's 120 counties. He has significant trial experience having tried in excess of 50 cases to verdict, including wrongful death, automobile liability claims, construction defects, bad faith, products liability, premises liability and employment related claims. Additionally, he has successfully argued cases before the Court of Appeals in both Ohio and Kentucky, the Kentucky Supreme Court and the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals.
In addition to his insurance-based practice, he routinely advises both employees and employers on a variety of issues including contractual formation and disputes, OSHA and other compliance matters as well as discrimination claims.
- University of Kentucky College of Law, Lexington, Kentucky
- J.D. - 1993
- Vanderbilt University
- B.A. - 1990
- Major: Latin American History
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court Western District of Kentucky
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Northern Kentucky Bar Association
- Kentucky Defense Counsel
- Ohio Association of Civil Trial Attorneys
- Super Lawyers, 2017-2021
- Super Lawyers - Rising Star, 2006-2007